Friday, April 11, 2008

Improvement in hockey equipment : Before the search

I became interested in this topic because I am into sports and hockey is the sport that I follow the most and I also play it as well. There are somethings about hockey that I have noticed that have changed. These changes are in the equipment. It has become more lighter and it seems to be more protective then the equipment in the past. When I went to get new equipment I noticed that everything was a lot lighter than my old stuff. The only thing that i could think of was is it as safe as my old equipment because it was also thinner. When I asked the work at the store about it he told me that the equipment was still as safe as the older equipment. He also mentioned that it is made of a lighter material that is just as strong and durable.

Has hockey improved as a result of equipment evolution? Have players become more skilled with these improvements? Have the goalies job become easier with the evolution in there padding? Does all this equipment evolution make the game more competitive? Will there be any major improvements in equipment soon?

No comments: