Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Does the media really affect teen girl?

Is the media the cause for the growing number of teenage girls with eating disorders?

Growing up weight was never an issue to me. It never mattered what size i wore or if my friends were bigger or smaller than me. Not until i was in eighth grade did i start to notice or worry about weight. It's than that i started seeing that all that stars on t.v. were super skinny and all the read in magazines is about diets and what actress lost the most weight this week.
Eating disorders than became a topic I became very interested in. Although there is many reasons why people have an eating disorder, I believe that the media now has a very big impact on the body image of young girls and their self-esteem. I'm interested to see that others think about this and if it's true. The number of girls with the disorder is greatly increasing, with one out of every ten girls with the eating disorder dead because of this, I think we need to find the cause and put a stop to it before more girl's die

No comments: