Saturday, February 2, 2008

Growing older in Night

Night By Elie Wiesel

Page(12-32/120)

This book is about Elie Wiesel and what he had to go through in a certain time in his life.

This is a hard time for any Jews that are living in the time of the Holocaust. This Elie Wiesel in particular. So far along with his family, he and numerous other people and there families are forced to move away from there homes to try to live a peaceful live. Although it doesn’t happen. His family gets taken but he gets separated from his mother and sister and leaves with his father. He said that then would be the last time he would see his mother and sister again. As he goes off with his dad an inmate tells the boy he is 18 but he is actually 15 and that his father is 40 instead of 50. He tells them this so they wouldn’t get separated.
Could you imagine yourself to be in Elie position? Would you feel complete being separated from one of your parents and/or siblings?

3 comments:

Julz said...

I don't know how I would feel if I was separated from my sibling and or parents in those terms as Elie was. I don't believe I could handle being alone and not knowing weather or not I will ever see my family ever again. I think maybe if I was in a situation like Elie I would be heartbroken and I would not be able to handle reality. Although I can't stand my family sometimes I still love them and don't want to lose them.

richie_rich said...

YEA the holocost was a crazzy time to be living in hardly any body to day has the righ to say they understand what was going on at there time. it was a dark time in the history of our world, and thats why we half to learn a read things like this so that it will never happen ever again, in our generation or our childrens or our childres chidrens .... but u get the point

Mr. Malley said...

Julz I agree, Angie great question, and Rich good insight. And to imagine that things like this are still going on to a certain degree in Darfur and Kenya.