Thursday, May 22, 2008

my findings: change in hockey equipment

Now that my search is coming to an end I found that this topic was fairly hard. In my search I was planning on finding out if "Hockey has changed as a result of equipment evolution?". In all I found that it wasn't really much of a change in equipment except with goalie equipment. Even thought I only found changes in goalie equipment I think that my search was some what successful. If that was anything that I would changes about my essential question would be that i would focus mainly on how goalie equipment has changes hockey. When i was searching for my information I kept getting results for goalie changes. These changes sort of answered my question. With goalies wearing huge, over sized equipment the productivity of goals has decreased. They are in the process of working out a way to increase scoring by changing the size of there equipment. I read in the Buffalo News that they are trying to make a 15% deacrese in size of goalie equipment. But at the same time they are trying to keep them just as protected. I plan on continuing my search because I play hockey and I would like to see if goalie equipment is going to have any changes soon.

No comments: